Friday 20 July 2012

Touristy with Barnes


Bailey came and visit me this week, and it was glorious! We had a really great time and we did lots of touristy things, which I always love. I gave her a nice little surprise by meeting her at the airport, and then we went out and got a glass of wine, tapas and mussels....best idea we've ever had! On Tuesday we went to The Human Body Exhibition. It's the one where they have the real peoples' bodies on display, after being stripped of skin and muscles, etc. to teach the spectators of the human body. I was really excited to go, but I have to say I was a total baby when I got into the exhibition; even within the first room I was freaking out, because it's such a strange concept that you are in this room full of dead bodies. In any case, I don't think I'll be going back any time soon. They didn't allow you to take pictures within the exhibition, which is fine by me because I wouldn't want to look at those pictures anyway.

That night we met up with a few friends and went out on the town (to Dicey's, a popular bar in Dublin on Tuesday night). Part of the dance floor is outdoors, and since this is Ireland of course it rained. It was such a fun night though! Lesson learnt: dancing in the rain with your girlfriends is always a fun time :)


On Wednesday we lounged around for a few hours and made ourselves a delicious breakfast of eggs, toast and baked beans. We then went to the Guinness Storehouse, which is only a 10 minute walk from my apartment. The tour was cool, and I could remember snippets of being there before. What I noticed mostly was that it was very loud, as there were tonnes of people and videos on the tour. We ended our tour at the very busy Gravity Bar with our free pint (and in my case, half pint) of Guinness. Lesson leanrt: neither of us like Guinness that much.



On Thursday it was sad saying good bye to Bailey because we never know when we're going to meet again. She's off to San Fransisco and Hawaii this weekend...I don't know how it'll compare to Dublin, but I'm sure the weather will be better!

Have fun on your holiday, Barnes!
And good night everyone else :)

1 comment:

  1. Jelz! I want to go to the body exhibition! AND I want to go to the storehouse again with you so I can have your pint, my fave :)

    ReplyDelete